Effective: December 21, 2022
This Policy applies only to information collected through the Site and therefore does not apply to data we collect in other contexts.
What information we collect and maintain about you
We collect personal and other information from you directly when you provide it to us through the Services. We may also automatically collect certain information about you and your computer, smartphone, or other device when you use, access, or interact with our Services.
- If you create an account with us, we may collect the following categories of information about you:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Your child and family members’ date of birth
- Your child’s age at the time of his/her/their autism diagnosis
- Your child’s autism diagnosis
- Your location
- A screening questionnaire relating to your family and child’s unique needs
- Billing and payment information (if you sign up for our membership)
- Other Personal Information. You can visit the Site without submitting any information that we can use to identify you personally. However, if you use certain features on the Site, such as sign up for updates with us, you will be required to provide personal information. Such information could include, for example, your name, email address, and any information that you choose to provide to us as part of your correspondence.
Server logs. Server logs automatically record information and details about your online interactions with us. For example, server logs may record information about your visit to our Sites on a particular time and day and collect information such as your device ID or IP address.
Pixel tags. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon, clear GIF, pixel, or tag) is an image or a small string of code that may be placed in an advertisement or email. It allows companies to set or read cookies or transfer information to their servers when you load a webpage or interact with online content. For example, we or our service providers may use pixel tags to determine whether you have interacted with a specific part of our Services, viewed a particular advertisement, or opened a specific email.
SDKs and mobile advertising IDs. Our Services may include third-party software development kits (“SDKs”) that allow us and our service providers to collect information about your activity. In addition, some mobile devices come with a resettable advertising ID (such as Apple’s IDFA and Google’s Advertising ID) that, like cookies and pixel tags, allow us and our service providers to identify your mobile device over time for advertising purposes.
Third-party plugins. Our Site may include plugins from other companies, including social media companies (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button). These plugins may collect information, such as information about the pages you visit, and share it with the company that created the plugin even if you do not click on the plugin. These third-party plugins are governed by the privacy policies and terms of the companies that created them.
Third-party online tracking and behavioral advertising. We also may partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the personal and other information described in this section. For example, we may allow third parties to set cookies or use web beacons on the Site or in email communications from us. This information may be used for a variety of purposes, including online interest-based advertising, as discussed below (see the section entitled “With whom we share your information”).
Aggregated and de-identified information. From time to time, NuroLux™ may also collect and share aggregated or de-identified information about Site users, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Site. Such aggregated information will not identify you personally.
How We Use and Process Your Information
We use the information that we collect for a variety of purposes. Our legal bases for processing your personal information are:
- our legitimate interest in running and maintaining our business;
- performance and fulfillment of our contracts;
- your consent; and
- compliance with our legal obligations.
In many instances, more than one of these legal bases apply to the processing of your personal information.
The purposes for which we use your information include to:
- Provide you with our Services;
- Respond to your questions or requests concerning the Services;
- Fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us;
- Fulfill your requests for our Services or otherwise complete a transaction that you initiate;
- Send you information about our Services and other topics that are likely to be of interest to you, including newsletters, updates, or other communications, including promotional emails;
- Improve our artificial intelligence and machine learning;
- Deliver confirmations, account information, notifications, and similar operational communications;
- Improve your user experience and the quality of our products and Services;
- Comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements;
- Aggregate and deidentify information;
- Serve advertisements;
- Analyze how visitors use the Services and various Services features, including to count and recognize visitors to the Services;
- Create new products and Services; and
- Manage our business.
NuroLux™ may link information gathered through the Site with information that we collect in other contexts. But in that event, we will handle the combined information in a manner consistent with this Policy.
With Whom and Why We Share Your Information
We share your information with other parties for a variety of purposes, as described below.
Our Coaches and Autism support services. We may share your information with third parties that assist us in offering you our Services, including our NuroLux™ coaches, ABA teams, special education advocates, financial planners, and insurance specialists.
Other third-party service providers. NuroLux™ may also use other third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, including web-hosting companies, mailing vendors, and analytics providers. These service providers may collect and/or use your information, including information that identifies you personally, to assist us in achieving the purposes discussed above.
We may share your information with other third parties when necessary to fulfill your requests for services; to complete a transaction that you initiate; to meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our partners; or to manage our business. Examples of third-party sharing necessary for our business purposes includes health care providers, therapists, financial planners, and charity- or research-based grant organizations.
Interest-based Advertising. The Site also enables third-party tracking mechanisms to collect information about you and your computing devices for use in online interest-based advertising. For example, third parties may use the fact that you visited our Site to target online ads to you. In addition, our third-party advertising networks might use information about your use of our Site to help target advertisements based on your online activity in general. For information about interest-based advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website or the Digital Advertising Alliance website.
The use of online tracking mechanisms by third parties is subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies, and not this Policy. If you prefer to prevent third parties from setting and accessing cookies on your computer or other device, you may set your browser to block cookies. Additionally, you may remove yourself from the targeted advertising of companies within the Network Advertising Initiative by opting out here, or of companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance by opting out here. Although our Site currently does not respond to “do not track” browser headers, you can limit tracking through these third-party programs and by taking the other steps discussed above.
Legal purposes. We also may use or share your information with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- To facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
If you want to learn more about the personal information that NuroLux™ has about you, or you would like to update, change, or delete that information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at email@example.com
If you are a resident of the EU, UK, California, or another jurisdiction with an applicable privacy law, you may have certain rights available to you. These rights may include:
- The right to be informed about our data collection practices;
- The right to access and rectify your data;
- The right to erase or delete your data;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to restrict and object to the processing of your data (including for direct marketing purposes);
- The right to opt out of the sale of your information;
- The right to opt-out of marketing emails and text messages;
- The right to limit our use of any automated decision-making processes;
- The right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority; and
- The right to withdraw consent (to the extent applicable).
To exercise any of the rights listed above, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible but no longer than 30 days.
We employ physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the personal information we collect online. However, no website is 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Site or to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
We retain personal information about you necessary to fulfill the purpose for which that information was collected or as required or permitted by law. We do not retain personal information longer than is necessary for us to achieve the purposes for which we collected it. When we destroy your personal information, we do so in a way that prevents that information from being restored or reconstructed.
The information that we collect through or in connection with the Site is transferred to and processed in the United States for the purposes described above. NuroLux™ also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, affiliates or third parties in the United States or countries other than your country of residence. The data- protection laws in these countries may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. By using the Site or by providing any personal or other information to us, you expressly consent to such transfer and processing.
Content on this Site is directed at individuals over the age of 18 and is not directed at children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
Changes to this Policy
NuroLux™ may make changes to the Site in the future and as a consequence will need to revise this Policy to reflect those changes. NuroLux™ will post all such changes on the Site, so you should review this page periodically. If we make a material change to the Policy, you will be provided with appropriate notice.
How to Contact Us
Should you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, you can contact us at email@example.com.